Biometrics Computing Solutions
Remember the scene from the movie Mission Impossible where Tom Cruise illegally enters a locked-down vault, strapped to a harness hanging by a rope; alarms set to blare at the slightest room temperature change, sound, or touch of the floor; later frantically pulled through a ceiling vent when an agency’s CTO enters a room after completing a retina scan?
Not striking a nerve? How about the last time you:
- Logged into a hospital point-of-care system?
- Were carded at a bar and handed your driver’s license to the rent-a-cop at the door?
- Opened a door lock with a hotel room security card?
- Checked in at an airport terminal kiosk?
- Listened to five suspects in a “Law & Order” lineup repeat the same phrase?
- Provided an ID number to a cafeteria lunch line worker to deduct a meal from an automated myschoolbucks.com account?
- Slid a company card through a mag stripe reader to update your time clock management system record?
- Watched Mark Harmon run a DNA match test on CSI?
- Signed off on a new loan through on-line documents rather than in person?
All of the above (some more extreme than others) are examples of biometrics and biometric authentication which shape today’s world as we know it - physiological and behavioral identifiers, token-based and knowledge-based ID systems; all involving different human parameters, assorted setups; unique system needs and requirements.
Thinlabs’ Custom Development Solutions team are experts at presenting highly customizable twenty-first century answers to difficult technical problems, incorporating an enterprise’s biometric solution at any level and complexity, including but not limited to:
- USB fingerprint reader solutions for proper employee identification using KREIOS box client modules
- Payroll time tracking in a manufacturing environment through a mag stripe reader on an ARGUS All-In-One Integrated Industrial Computer
- Railway ticket purchasing through a touch application on a HELIOS All-In-One Integrated Touch Vandal-Proof Computer
- Point-of-care software installation using ADITI Lithium Ion Battery-powered Medical Cart Computers
All solutions are effectively managed with Thinlabs Device Manager, the premiere enterprise management solution that can handle tens of thousands of systems from a single off-site location.
Contact a Thinlabs Custom Development Solutions expert today for more information on what we can do for you!